Organic Rose Geranium Essential Oil
You will learn to immediately recognize the distinctive, one-of-a-kind aroma of Organic Rose Geranium Essential Oil. Whether you are using it alone or enjoying it as part the unique blend that makes up our Perky scent, the crisp, rosy scent simultaneously works on body and soul.
Extracted from the Pelargonium graveolens plant from the Geraniaceae family, this oil has a sweet, lingering aroma. It is believed that the plants originated in South Africa. Europeans were first introduced to the sweet aroma and its powerful properties in the 17th century, meaning that Rose Geranium Essential Oil has been part of a healthy approach to living for nearly four centuries. Fun fact about the name “Pelargonium graveolens.” According to Word Sense, the word graveolens is Latin for “strong smelling.” The plant is so distinctive that the people who first discovered it attached a particularly description moniker. (1)
The original plant is actually quite beautiful. Pelargonium graveolens is an erect species, with velvety leaves that are soft to the touch. Flowers vary in color from pale pink to nearly-white. Both leaves and stalks are utilized during the extraction process in which steam is used to draw the rich oil from the plant.
The National Institutes of Health reports that Organic Rose Geranium Essential Oils may have significant potential for helping to develop safer anti-inflammatory drugs. (2) While that alone is pretty amazing, there is more. This amazing oil is also known to have these other properties:
- Antiseptic — Helps prevent infection
- Astringent – Balances the secretion of sebum and works to clear acne
- Antidepressant — Lifts mood and creates a sense of calm
- Diuretic — Works to support the body so that it can better eliminate water and waste
- Deodorant — Aids in balancing chemicals that lead to odor
- Stypitic – Works to treat small cuts
- Tonic — Adds to an overall sense of physical health
- Vermifugre – Eradicates intestinal worms
- Vulnerary – Helps heal wounds
- Cicatrisant – Also helps wounds heal more effectively
- Cytophylactic – Stimulates the regeneration of new cells
- Haemostatic – Helps the body naturally feel more relaxed as the adrenal cortex is stimulated and balanced
It is important to choose the essential oils that you want associated with your life. Like choosing a good friend, you should opt for oils with a reputation for doing good things. Rose Geranium Essential Oil has a great reputation for balancing both skin and emotions. Any substance that can treat small cuts, fight acne, eradicate intestinal worms, and help prevent infection will certainly act as a good friend. Add to that the ability of Organic Rose Geranium Essential Oil to help lift your mood and make you feel more relaxed, and you know that you have stumbled upon a treasure.